11 July, 2019
This year, Jensen Localization paid its first visit to the XIII Technological Fair of the National Association of Telecommunications Operators and Internet Services (AOTEC 2019).
On this occasion, our Engineer and Development Manager at Jensen Localization accompanied me to discover ways to improve our strategy for attracting customers and contacts.
These were some of our impressions:
- Out of a total of 45 potential clients visited, only 22% showed some amount of interest.
- We had about 5 to 10 minutes to capture the attention of each potential client. During this time we ourselves had to gauge whether the company representative had some amount of interest.
- A single representative has room for about 20 contacts in a day.
- Given the fact that only a small number of potential clients have or will have interest in the services offered, it’s important for representatives to maintain a highly positive attitude.
- It is a good thing that from time to time a person from a department other than Business Development accompanies the representative. In this way, they can get an idea of the effort it takes to win over a client, from the first steps all the way to the finalization of an agreement and the moment the first job is received.
- Most internationally consolidated companies already have in-house translation teams. Examples: Sony, Delta, IGAR, Hellermann Tyton, Furukawa Electric, etc.
- The biggest potential seems to come from medium-sized companies and new companies from China that want to enter the Spanish and European markets.
All in all we managed to get a good impression on the current state of client generation. Needless to say, there is always more to be learned. For those of you reading this article, a form has been created so that Jensen Localization can better understand your opinion as a potential client and help you with your translation and localization needs.
To see the form, click the following link: https://forms.gle/FceGNFcqB1kCqKSR9
Special thanks to our Engineer and Development Manager Magnus for his help.
Although the path is not always easy, we at Jensen Localization always strive to improve so that we can provide the best service to all of our customers.
Communication, Events, Technology